Toxicology Results In For Chiefs Fans Mystery & It’s Nuts

Three Chiefs fans who were found frozen to death outside a friend’s Kansas City rental home last month reportedly had illegal drugs in their systems, according to a recent toxicology report.

The families of David Harrington, Clayton McGeeney, and Ricky Johnson had been anxiously awaiting the results from the medical examiner to provide answers as to what happened to their loved ones on the night of January 7th.

The three men had gone to friend Jordan Willis’ home to watch the final regular season game of the Kansas City Chiefs. However, their bodies were not discovered until two days later, when McGeeney’s fiancée broke into the property and found them. Willis, who had checked himself into rehab for substance abuse following the incident, had initially told police that he had no idea his friends were dead outside and claimed to have been asleep for two days.

Sources now tell Fox 4 KC that “several” substances were found in the men’s systems, leading to speculations that drug use may have played a role in their deaths. Willis’ attorney, Andrew Talge, revealed that another friend, Alex Waemer-Lee, had left the gathering around 11 p.m. after the game, while the four remaining men were watching “Jeopardy!” In addition, Waemer-Lee had allegedly sent text messages to other friends about drug use at the party.

Neighbors also reported that two of the men who arrived at the small gathering had two 30-packs of beer with them. Experts suggested that the combination of alcohol and drugs could have caused the men to pass out in the snow and succumb to the 30-degree weather, as reported by Fox News. However, the exact drugs that were found in their systems have not been disclosed.

While Kansas City police have emphasized that the case is not being investigated as a homicide and no foul play is suspected, some of the deceased men’s family members are not so convinced.

Harrington’s father, Jon, expressed his suspicions, saying, “There were four of you in the house and now three of them are dead and you’re not. That doesn’t add up.” Jonathan Price, Johnson’s brother, also voiced his frustrations with the lack of answers from the police, stating that they should have a story to tell the families if they do not suspect foul play.

The families have received the toxicology report but are still waiting for the autopsy results from the medical examiner’s office, which could take several more weeks. Kansas City police said in a statement that they have not revealed any additional details of the case to the media and have not disclosed any plans to do so at this time.

Meanwhile, the families are left to grieve and try to make sense of what happened on that fateful night. Harrington’s father told reporters that he and his wife are both convinced that Willis played a role in their son’s death.

Johnson’s brother called for the police to do more and provide answers to the grieving families. “It’s the same every day with the lack of answer and the inability to truly mourn without any cause,” he said.

Amidst the grief and confusion, the families are still waiting for closure and for someone to be held responsible for the deaths of their loved ones. They hope that the autopsy results will shed more light on what truly occurred on the night of January 7th and bring them some peace. As of now, the investigation is ongoing, and the families are left to grieve the loss of three young men who were taken too soon.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here